Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sight Word Sentence Booklets

I am so excited about these sight word sentence booklets!
I created them because I wanted a QUICK and FUN way for my students to practice each word we learn. My kindergartners feel like such scholars because they are reading!

The booklets are VERY easy to prepare and each booklet just needs ONE sheet of paper! Just print them back to back. Students cut on the faint dotted lines, put the pages in order, and staple. That is all. No fuss. No muss.

Here is what the front and back pages look like before they are cut. Each booklet includes one focus sight word and four predictable sentences. On the last page, students practice writing the word four times.


Here is what they look like after they are cut.







In this set, each booklet is labeled with the lesson number and focus sight word.

And, for those who don't use Journeys, I made a set using ALL the pre-primer and primer Dolch Words. 
In this set, each booklet is labeled with the focus sight word.



These booklets are perfect for everyday use, to help your students learn and practice their sight words and reading skills. A lot of thought went into creating each booklet and I look forward to using all of them and watching my students' excitement about reading. They just can't get enough books! 

5 comments:

  1. These are great! Love the cute graphics, great for little readers, sight words and easy on the ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tricia! I LOVE when I can go easy on the ink and still create something meaningful!

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!!! Come by my blog to see what to do next!!!

    Brianne
    Hooo-Ray For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is great for teaching the little readers to enjoy reading the easy sight words! Great job, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard