Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Prefix and Suffix Freebie

Just wanted to share some prefix and suffix flip books with you.
 I shared this book with you last month here.




I made some more! 
I added books for the prefix un-, and the suffixes ly- and ful-.

I also made a cute poster to help my students remember the correct terms. I use the term root word, but I know that some of you may use base word instead. I googled the difference between the two terms and, from what I understand, they have slightly different meanings, but can still be used interchangeably.


I hope you enjoy the books and poster and find them useful. If you do, please leave feedback here. Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! These are perfect for my prefixes/suffixes center!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,

      I am so glad you like it! Thanks so much for letting me know!
      Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. What a cute way to teach and practice prefixes and suffixes! My kids will love the little size and I love the practice! I am printing off your colorful poster right now. Thank you so much for all the wonderful things you make, and for being so generous! I adore your things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,

      Thanks so much for the kind words! They are what keep me motivated to keep creating! I'm glad you could use these activities. Have fun!

      Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this book. I absolutely love it! My firsties were struggling with prefixes and suffixes and I believe that this will definitely help them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific! Thanks for offering more of them as a freebie!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just downloaded this resource yesterday. I love it! I just printed it and can't wait to use it this week. What a great way for the students to put the meaning into their own words. Thanks for creating and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this resource! Such a great worksheet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard