Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sight Word / CVC Word Sentence Booklets

I am so happy to finally be on vacation! And, what is the first thing I do on my vacation? Work! LOL!

I know everyone is preparing for the upcoming holidays, but I just couldn't resist taking this opportunity to show off two new activities. 

My kindergarten students really enjoy making books. They love making them, reading them, and sharing them with anyone who is willing to listen. I wanted to combine their love for making and reading books, with their love for writing. They are knee deep in experimenting with sounding out words and writing sentences. The books I created for them will help them become more confident in their ability to read, sound out words, and use the proper conventions when writing sentences.

The first set of books I made are Sight Word / CVC Word Sentence Booklets. There are 19 books, each containing 5 repetitive sentences that are comprised of grade level sight words and CVC words. Students read the sentences and write the CVC word pictured. The CVC words in the first 10 books all contain the same vowel. The CVC words in the last 9 books, all contain a mixture of vowels. These books will surely help my students become stronger readers and writers.


The other set of books contain the Pre-Primer and Primer Dolch Words, as well as, some extra words from the Kindergarten Journeys Reading Program. They are called Sight Word Sentence Booklets.








There are 48 books in all! The children read the title and have 5 opportunities to respond to a repetitive sentence, sounding out the words they need. Students can write one or two words, or a more elaborate sentence, if they are ready for that. On the last page, they copy the sentence starter and finish the sentence. These booklets will definitely help our students learn how to write a sentence, using the proper conventions, as well as, learn to read and write the most popular sight words.

If you are like me, and you plan on using BOTH sets of these books in your classroom, then you will want to check out the BUNDLE! It will save you 20%!


Click here to purchase the bundle!

Be sure to stop by next week! I will be doing a giveaway for a pretty pink pencil sharpener! It's truly the BEST sharpener around!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I taught primary! Your sight word books are adorably perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are definitely going on my wishlist. I might have to give Santa a call, too. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard