Monday is my first day back to school. Here are some photos of my new classroom. I moved to another wing and into a smaller room. But, I love it just the same!
1. These are my students' mailboxes. I have already changed the labels on them. I tried something new this year and did not like it. Now, I have the same yellow labels I had last year. What you see here are removable labels and they didn't float my boat! There is an empty mailbox next to each labeled box because every child will have two slots. The labeled one is for work to take home and the empty one is for them to store their books for read to self. See the happy person in the window? That's my sister! We teach right next to each other and share an office! Double Trouble! LOL! I know she'll be reading this post. Robin, here's to a great year!
2. I labeled the caddy, "Ms. Rosenberg's Stuff," just so I can say, "Don't touch my stuff!" In a funny way, of course!
This is my writing/grammar station. You can find the visuals here...
Our first grammar skill is nouns and I am ready! I'll be using my Fun With Parts of Speech to cover nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Once we move on past nouns, the green pocket chart will be adjectives, the red one will be nouns, and the yellow one will be verbs. That way, they can take a card from each chart and make sentences. Ex: The pretty teacher sat down.
The Work on Writing Activities includes activities from the following...
Each folder is labeled with an activity. I have must do bins and at Work on Writing, they will complete a must do and then, if there is still time, they can choose something from any folder in the bin.
I also have a Writer's Notebook Station, where the children can write whatever they want in their notebook. The Topics to Write About and Transition Words Display will really come in handy!
1. This is my character education display. The citizenship poster should be hanging in the empty spot but I misplaced it and had to print and laminate it again. Oops!
2. This is my literacy work station board. I will be having 8 stations during my reading block/literacy work stations.
Meet With the Teacher
Work on Writing
Read to Self
I'll do a separate blog post about how I'll be running my reading block.
This is my library.
1. These reading strategy posters are free on my facebook page.
2. This is my new reading rug. I love it! Here's some good news! In just a few days, I'll be giving away a classroom rug of your choice! Woo-Hoo!
1. This is my new clip chart. You can get it for free on my facebook.
2. Here are my Word Work and Phonics Stations. Not much there now. It's a work in progress.
3. The top row of this unit will hold my kindergartners' notebooks and work folders. The bottom row will hold my first graders' stuff.
4. This is my Important Words to Know display. If the children need to spell a color or day of the week or month of the year correctly, they can borrow the card.
1. This is my focus wall. Once I start Journeys, I'll hang up the skills for the week. If you use Journeys and you want all the focus wall cards, you can find them here for kindergarten and here for first grade.
2. I LOVE these magnetic pouches from Learning Resources. More good news! I'll be giving away a set of 4 pouches very soon!
And, there you have it! My classroom isn't 100% done yet, but, it's good enough for me to start school on Monday. My room is always a work in progress!
I hope, after reading this post, you don't feel like this...
This is Max. He hasn't been feeling well but he is on the mend. Thank goodness!
Have a great weekend!