Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Activities and New Year Freebie

This week, my students are enjoying many holiday related stations. Here are some pictures of them in action:

Slide1
My second graders are playing a plural/possessive game. The girl on the left is the answer key girl. She doesn't play the game because she verifies that everyone gives the correct answer.

Slide2
Here are my second graders sorting parts of speech cards and filling out their recording sheet.

Slide3
My first and second graders are unscrambling holiday sentences and writing them on their recording sheet. I made the sentences a bit more challenging and they are enjoying figuring out what the big words say. Once they are done, all six sentences make a nicely organized paragraph.

Slide4
My first graders are playing Kathy Law's Candyland Express – Nouns.

Slide5
Here, my first graders are sorting common and proper nouns. After, they will fill out a recording sheet to check for mastery.

Slide6
Here is a second grader drawing candy canes to stuff in his stocking. This is a free activity from A Cupcake for the Teacher. My kindergartners and first graders are doing it, too. I am having them make what they want in their stocking out of paper and gluing it to the top of the stocking. Apparently, most of my first graders want Hershey Bars! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of one of those! They came out really cute.

You can find the activities shown here in my Winter Holiday Language Activity Pack for first and second graders.








Here is my activity pack for kindergarten. I haven't taken any pictures of them yet!




I'm sure you're all like me and want to plan for the new year before we begin our holiday break. Here is a cute banner my kindergartners are going to make the first day back. Many years ago, I saw something like this in one of my Mailbox Magazines. It has since disappeared, so I made this one from memory. Just click on the image to grab it. I hope you like it.

Presentation1

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love, love, love it! Thanks so much!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I'm adding it to my plan book for January!

    simmonsa1@sfusd.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    I would love it if you would link up this post with the New Year Linky Party I'm hosting at http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2012/12/2013-new-year-linky-party.html! Please come and join the party! I look forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm trying to get ready to back next week. Ugh! But this freebie is perfect for that first day back! Thanks so much!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting the Happy New Year banner activity freebie! (I love how you thought ahead for the next few years!) This is a perfect activity for the first day back after the break! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your banner!! I was looking for a quick and fun New Year's activity for tomorrow and yours is perfect! I also LOVE that you have the next few years - so smart!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and have used it for the past couple years. Do you have it updated for 2018? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love it! I had updated it last year and thought I uploaded it here, too. Sorry about that. Go ahead and download it again and you'll have the next few years.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard