Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

12 in '12 Linky Party

12 in 12 button

I'm linking up with Miss Kindergarten and A Teeny Tiny Teacher for their second annual 12 in '12!

12. Favorite movie you watched:

I didn't really like any of the movies I watched this year, so, I'm going to throw in an extra TV show!

MIKE & MOLLY

11. Favorite TV series:

68497

I heard this is the last season and I'm so bummed about that!

10. Favorite restaurant:

the-cheesecake-factory-logo

Believe it or not, they have THE BEST hamburgers!

9. Favorite new thing you tried:

my button

I always envied those who had a blog and read them religiously for about a year before I took the plunge. Blogging has made the world so much smaller. I've networked with tons and tons of teachers just like me and I learn from them every single day.

8. Favorite gift you got:

iPad Retina

new-ipad-3-retina

I love how compact and totable it is. I just got it last week, so I'm still learning how to use it. The iPad Retina display is so incredibly sharp.

7. Favorite thing you pinned:

011

I can't find the original pin, but, I saw how someone used binder clips to label their students' mailboxes and I knew I had to do the same thing. Genius!

6. Favorite blog post:

I just love having my writing menu numbered and couldn't wait to blog about it. Since this post, I made a menu checklist for my students that looks exactly the same. (Minus the restroom sign!) They are loving it and so am I!



5. Best accomplishment:

screen-shot-2012-10-08-at-6-53-29-am

I joined TpT in January of this year and made $1.80 for the whole month! I was so proud! To this day, I am stunned that teachers are interested in what I have to offer. I love to create and share what I do. I'm not sure what I'd do with my time if I weren't sitting in front of my computer creating!

4. Favorite picture:


My yorkies, Buddy and Max, are ready to celebrate!

3. Favorite memory:

Animation9
Great food! Great fun!
It couldn't have been any better!

2. Goal for 2013:
listen
My goal is to pay attention to whoever is talking to me. If I don't stop what I'm doing and look at the person who is speaking to me, I usually don't hear them. Needless to say, this is frustrating to some people, plus, I'm missing out on some good conversation.
 
1. One Little Word:

smile

I want to see how many random people I can smile at this year! Try it! It's fun!

18 comments:

  1. Love those pups! I totally need to start listening to people as well. At times I tune people out not intentionally and my gosh it's not nice! Good luck to us. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! Oops! Not done on purpose, but, done nonetheless!
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi Lori!

    I just found your blog! Just wanted to let you know we just started blogging and we are holding a giveaway until Wednesday. If you leave a comment on our blog you will get an item for free from our TpT store. If you have a chance, please stop by and check us out, and grab a freebie. We are following you!

    Amanda and Stacia
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile is a great word! I'm loving your numbered writing menu! This was a fun linky party! Thanks for sharing!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gina! I numbers are really working for me!
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Awww...I'm loving the SMILE for your OWL...perfect. I used to be so smile-y...people would comment on it. I don't hear about my smiles anymore...Hmmmm....maybe you've inspired me to fix that!

    Hugs to ya, chicklet!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I can't imagine you not being a smile-y person! Seriously! Hugs right back atcha!
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. I need to practice listening for sure!!! Your list is amazing! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that sign on my classroom door.
    It is my belief:~
    Smile and the world smiles with you!

    Starting a blog was huge for me as well. The world is a small place and I love how I am connecting with other teachers all over the world.

    Rhonda
    Have a lovely Christmas.
    Classroom Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, your classroom door sign is so very true!
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. Thank you for linking up, Lori!
    Loved reading this! My favorite is your pic of your Yorkies. OH MY WORD. I'm in love.
    Also love your goal. Listen! :) So smart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG haven't seen those clips on Pinterest. We use cardstock with their names printed then stick them with double-sided tape and they are always coming off, getting wrinkled, etc. LOVE these! Just found (another) project to do over break!

    Listening. Here is a classic movie line.. "She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." So true!!!

    At times I feel like I have adult onset of ADD because there are just too many things running through my brain. It's a great goal for 2013!

    ~Christy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE using the clips. It's so easy to use and change around, if necessary. I love the listening line. So true!
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard