I'm sure you have all heard of the game Scoot, right? It's where the children scoot from desk to desk or seat to seat, answering questions. Truth be told, this game is nothing short of brilliant! Here are 6 reasons why I love this game:
- The children don't realize they are being assessed.
- The children don't realize they are doing work.
- The children are actively learning as they stand and scoot around the room.
- The children are doing some serious thinking (reading, responding, and making sure they write their answers in the correct boxes.)
- There are so many skills you can reinforce by playing this game.
- It's fun to say, "Start...Stop...Stand...Scoot...Sit...Start...etc."
Yesterday, my first graders played their first game of Scoot. I used my ABC Order game.
They were so excited! Before the game actually began, we practiced scooting a few times. This is a must! We also practiced how to use the recording sheet. They did so well!
This is them scooting to a new seat.
Here are two girls working hard, but not realizing they are working!
Here is our victory cheer! They were so proud of themselves for succeeding at their first game of scoot. After this picture, they collectively asked me when we can play again!
If you are interested in getting more information about my many different scoot games, just click on the cute image below. Your students will be happy you did! Also, please let me know of any scoot games you would like for me to make in the future. Leave your email because if I make it, I'll send it to you for FREE!