Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Bat Essays and Silly Pumpkins

This week, my first graders worked on their first published piece. They brainstormed, planned, wrote, revised, and edited essays about bats. They came out fantastic! They all stood 6 feet tall today, as they put the final touches on their pieces. They also thoroughly enjoyed making bats to go with their essays. Here are some pictures of their essays. If you right click on each picture and open them in a new window, they won't look so blurry.
003
005
008
009
010
011
014
015
016
023
The bats are a cute freebie from Teri, over at A Cupcake for the Teacher. You can find it here.
Another fun project we did this week, was make the silly pumpkins I blogged about here. As soon as I saw the cute picture on Doodle Bugs blog, it was a no brainer that I would have my students make them. I dare anyone to walk by my bulletin board without chuckling. The display isn't done yet, as I still have more to be made.
001

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am going to do the same ( almost anyway) bat writing next week. We just git traverse ready for the cut outs. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see them! Let me know if you want my bat planning sheets and stationary.
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Your first graders did such terrific work!! I loved reading their writing pieces and those pumpkins are ADORABLE!!

    Great job, Lori!

    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great work Lori. The bat writing is so impressive, and the art work - fantastic!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bats came out super cute {thank you for the shout-out}!! Looks like your kiddos did a great job with those essays! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard