I am linking up with Grade Three is the Place for Me. She's having a blog hop for new blogs on the block. I've only had my own blog for 4 months, so, I think I can squeak by as a newbie. What do you think? Here are the questions and my answers:
- What state are you in? Florida
- What is your current teaching position? I teach kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. I am a writing specialist.
- What is your teaching experience? I will be starting my 18th year of teaching. Last year, I was the teacher of the year for my school and state.
- When did you start blogging? I started my own blog on March 11, 2012.
- Here are my blogging tips (My tips will be about blog set up):
- Make sure you have a way for bloggers to follow you. Put the link at the top of your blog so bloggers don't need to hunt for it.
- Turn off word verification. No one can read those tiny numbers and letters and bloggers get frustrated when they need to type them in.
- Don't be a no-reply blogger. For more information about this, click here. Make sure your email address is on your blog.
- If you have a teaching store, pinterest, or facebook, keep those links at the top of your blog so bloggers can easily find them.
- Don't use a small, hard to read font on your blog. They are definitely cute, but some bloggers have a tough time reading it.
- Have a blog button so other bloggers can easily grab it in case they want to give you a shout-out or if you want to link up somewhere.
Now, I'm off to find some new blogs to love! Thanks, Janis, for starting this blog hop. All newbies can link up by grabbing the code, below all the blog buttons.
Rachelle, from Life is Sweet...In Kindergarten, is having a Back to School Bash. It is amazing! Click the link below to enter to win some fabulous prizes. There's one from me!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win an Easi-Speak USB Recorder from Learning Resources. You will love it!