Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I think I'm a 5 star blogger! What do you think?

I have decided it was time to take the 5-Star Blogger Challenge. To the best of my knowledge, I think I qualify. At least, I hope I qualify! Let's break it down...

CHALLENGE ONE: I have contact information listed on my blog somewhere.  While I understand many bloggers need to remain anonymous for various reasons, you can create a free new email address which can match your blog name in minutes.  Hit up any gmail-type email provider and register your new email.

*I have an email button clearly posted. When you hover your mouse over it, you can easily see my email address. Perhaps that is why I've been getting more spam than usual...But, if it helps me become a 5-Star Blogger, I'm willing to delete a few (hundred) spam emails!

CHALLENGE TWO:  No Pass the Award/Tag posts from you in the last 5 posts on your blog.  You know the one when you receive it, then have to tell 50 things about your last dental visit, and pass it on to 125 other bloggers with red hair?

*I received no less than 7 of them already and answered 3 of them. I just received another one from a lovely blogger and would happily answer her questions, but, I wouldn't be a 5-Star Blogger if I did, so I'll sadly pass. 

CHALLENGE THREE:  Not featuring anyone or anything but yourself and your own ideas on your own blog in the last 3 blog posts.

*Just me talking here! Score!

CHALLENGE FOUR:  No self-promoting new products with no content in the last 4 blog posts.

*I had to check my last 4 posts to make sure. I admit, I do like to showoff my products. However, I always have something else to say or show in those posts. Phew...I almost became a 4-Star Blogger. That would have been embarrassing!

CHALLENGE FIVE:  I will write a new blog post that gives a great teaching idea that I want to share with teachers everywhere.  I will link up that blog post below making sure to include a backlink in my post to this blog post (a bonus etiquette point).

*I can definitely do this! I just posted last night about an adjective idea and included a freebie. I wanted to go back and add a few more pictures. I hope that counts.

Charity, thanks so much for offering this challenge. I hope that I am  thought of as a 5-Star Blogger because I really enjoy sharing my ideas, pictures, and products with anyone who is interested.

I am officially awarding myself the 5-Star Blogger award. Congratulations, me! 

5-Star Blogger

24 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve this, congrats Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much, Kristen! That means a lot to me! You are truly an inspiration!

      Thanks again!
      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! You have been very helpful to me and I truly appreciate your words of wisdom!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  3. I think you deserve it! =) I am self-reflecting on my blog now too.

    Angie
    Rulin' the Roost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angie! This award really makes you think about what kind of blogger you want to be. BTW, I hope you're enjoying your Samson's Classroom!

      Thanks again!
      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh! I totally am!!!!! Day 2 with it, and all of my kids have used it either in my room or at home already! We had to find a way to fit it in during our day, so we found that they can go on the computers (too bad I only have 3 that work *sometime*) when they are done with any Word Work they have for the week. I also talked my one teammate into getting subscription using the code from Mrs. Bainbridge's Class blog! Not bad for only being an "expert" on it for 2 days! LOL Thanks again!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on a job well done! I love your blog! =)
    Bobbie

    The Daily Cupcake…A Kindergarten Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie, thanks so much for the kind words! I love your blog, as well!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  5. I agree with all of the above!!! Way to go Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! Thanks for the vote of confidence, Becky!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  6. I agree! I guess I need to think this over for me!

    totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

    Lohren Nolan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lucky am I! I was just the first one to comment on your AMAZING ocean unit! Seriously, this looks fantastic! Yeah for me!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  7. Congrats to you on being a 5 Star Blogger! I am too. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no doubt in my mind that you are 5-Star Blogger! Way to go, Lori! I was just talking to my co-worker, Cindy, today, about all the bloggers out there named Lori. I mentioned you by name AND blog name! You know you're a memorable blogger when someone can do that! LOL!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  8. I L-O-V-E your blog! How did you create your signature? I am new to the blogging world and would love to add this to mine! Check out my blog if you get a chance. www.spoutinabout2nd.blogspot.com

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I am already a member of your blog! It's hard to tell, though, because, when you look at your list of members, it shows my photograph, not my blog name. I must try to fix that!

      Are you talking about the direct link under my name in the comment or my name in the post?

      Thanks for loving my blog! Yours is beautiful! Love the whale!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  9. Congrats! I enjoy reading about all of your great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend!
    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Krista! I adore your blog, as well!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  10. Lori- I am amazed that you could name me AND my blog! Thank you for making the connection! Love your great blog!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know you've arrived when someone can do that! LOL!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  11. Hi Lori,

    Congrats on the five stars! I would like to add a 6th: Being such a great mentor to Newbies! Thanks for all your help as I have been starting my blog!

    Carla
    Playful Learning Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, you are too sweet! Thanks o much for kind words!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard