Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A brag (or two!), a new product (or two!), and a freebie!

Today is certainly shaping up to be a good day! Alessia, from Mrs. Albanese's Kindergarten, sent me an early morning email, to inform me that I am one of the Top 100 Sellers this week at Teachers Pay Teachers. Of course I had to look to be sure, thinking that Alessia must have confused me with one of the other Lori's because I never look at that list, thinking I would never be on it. Me? Really? I am thrilled to pieces, and grateful to Alessia for letting me know. I actually took a screen shot and will save the image forever. 




I am also proud to have come in second place in the TpT banner contest. My goal was to come in first place, but I simply could not compete with someone who actually increased her votes by the hundreds every hour. Like Dave said, I guess it pays to have a lot of facebook friends! There were tons of great banners submitted and I was happy to be part of the contest. I think TpT chose a great banner as the ultimate winner.

Okay, I'm done bragging now! I don't usually toot my own horn; actually, I'm pretty hard on myself, but, I felt justified in doing it this one time! :) 

This week, my classes will be completing many Mother's Day activities. In the past, I usually do it the week before Mother's Day, but then I feel pressured to get it all done and I feel bad if we don't succeed. This way, if we don't finish, I can take a day or two the following week to do so. I plan on having the children fold a large pink piece of construction paper in half to make an envelope to hold all the activities they will complete for their moms. They can decorate the outside and I'll staple up the sides. Then, I can send it all home on the Friday before Mother's Day. Many of my activities will come from my own Mother's Day Packet, which you can find by clicking the preview below.


It's filled with many different writing activities for grades kindergarten through second. My students will write sentences, letters, essays, and more about their sweet moms. I love to read all the kind cards and emails the moms send me after they receive their goodies. It makes all the hard work worth it!

After we are done with Mother's Day, we'll embark on a two week ocean animal extravaganza! Most of my activities will come from my own Oceans of Fun Activity Pack for Kindergarten:


and first and second grade:


For those who are also doing an ocean theme, here is a labeling activity I hope you find useful. Just click on the first image to download from TpT or the second image to download from Google Docs .




After we are done exploring the ocean, we will begin to wind down the school year and spend the final 2 1/2 weeks completing fun end of the year activities. Most of them will come from my own End of the School Year Writing and Grammar Activity Packet. My students will conduct interviews, write letters of thanks to support staff, sort parts of speech cards, and much, much more. The activities are designed to keep my students engaged while I deal with the minutia of closing out my classroom. Here is a preview of my activities. Please click on the image for more information.


Thanks for letting me brag and show off some of my goodies! I promise my future posts will contain more substance than this one! Now, I'm off to take care of a leaky window in my bedroom. I had no idea the window was leaking so terribly until one of my yorkies was in there barking terribly. I went to see the commotion and found him standing in a small puddle of brown water. Eeww! I know! We are having terrible rains in Florida and it will be this way for the rest of the week. I closed my hurricane shutter on that window and it is STILL leaking! I guess I know where my TpT banner prize money is going! :( 

I'm linking up with:

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lori!! That is SO awesome!! And 2nd place?! That is amazing, too! There were so many great entries, I would be proud of that, too!

    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! Such a sweet, talented person deserves recognition! Way to go!

    Marybeth
    Cialini Chat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It is such an awesome achievement!! Glad you took the screenshot!!
    :)
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! Just in case it never happens again, I wanted to chronicle this moment!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! You are amazing! I LOVE your Mom Unit!
    ~Jen

    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lori! I'm so proud of you! I know how hard you work each day.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cara! I appreciate the kind words. And, I can honestly say, right back atcha!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  6. Wow! Congratulations! Your products all look so wonderful so I can see why you are on that list! Great job!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks so much for the sweet comment. I am in awe every time I visit your blog! Thanks again for the latest persuasive writing goodies!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  7. I know you've been super busy! Everyday you are producing another wonderful unit. Your hard word is paying off! Congratulations Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!

    And I love the labeling the ocean animals...definitely going to use that baby when I do oceans in a few weeks :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! It's just another Manic Monday! LOL!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for the freebie! I forwarded this to a teacher friend of mine...I'll make her join, too!!

    Jennifer Ayers
    Best Practices 4 Teaching>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much! I appreciate that!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say! Thanks so much!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Teri! I'm so proud to have made it!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  12. Congratulations!! That is very exciting! I am thrilled that I just found your blog. Your Mother's Day, Ocean and End of the Year units looks great - can't wait to check them out. I am looking forward to following you! I have a new blog and would love for you to stop by and offer some suggestions! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE finding new blogs! I'm on my way over! Thanks for finding me and for the sweet comments.

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! You are so talented! You deserve the recognition!
    Sandra
    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra, for making my day with your kind comment!

      Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
      Teaching With Love and Laughter

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to read them!

Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard